Professional Carpet Cleaning before showing your house to buyers
When we talk about carpet cleaning, there can never be too much emphasis, especially when you are putting your home up for sale. Take a moment to imagine yourself as a prospective home buyer. You’ve seen pictures of the house, read a review or two that talks about the number of bedrooms, the pool by the garden, a large lawn for outdoor parties, and even a lake just stone throws away. Amazing you think.
So, you decide to pay a visit and see things for yourself. Already, you have mental pictures of where you’ll have the piano and the large dinner table. Even the walls have been painted in your head, with bright-coloured cottons flowing from the roof to the ground. But as you step in, everything changes. The first thing that greets you is the foul odor. You’re not sure where it’s coming from until you notice several patches of liquid stains and wetness on the carpet. Now, what if roles are reversed and someone has an interest in your home?
Apart from making a great impression on the buyer, it gives the feeling of security that everything else is in good shape. Truth is, even if everything else is in great shape, the condition of your carpets could just make all the difference- whether the buyer will make an offer or simply walk away. You should understand that when a prospective buyer walks into your home, they’re already picturing it as theirs and would want everything to be in near-perfect condition. Professional carpet cleaning before a sale will make your home feel like new.
But there are several other reasons why you should get professionals to clean your home before showing it to a buyer. Some of them include;
- Convenience: For most home sellers, there’s a likelihood they already have a place to move to before listing their house. It would be so much stress to worry about cleaning your carpets yourself, while at the same time getting the new place ready to move in. A professional carpet cleaning service can take care of that for you while you focus on your new home. It just saves you lots of time and energy.
- Efficiency: Well, they’re called professionals for a reason. Professional carpet cleaners know just the right tools and chemicals to use for the job, in a way that leaves your carpets, rugs or floors looking like new. They also know what substance is safe for your carpet, and can do so much more than you can imagine. Furthermore, you may just find out that you’ll end up spending less money hiring a professional cleaner than when you try and do it yourself because, oftentimes, you always run back to the professionals.
- Vacuuming is never enough: Vacuum cleaners are a blessing. You can’t imagine a world without them. In fact, modern vacuum cleaners give you so much liberty to do other things while you’re cleaning because they’re automated. However, even vacuum cleaners have their limitations. They are certain stains that won’t get away with just vacuum cleaning. A professional cleaning service will know what to do with every situation and at every point in time.
- Good health: Good hygiene promotes good health, both for you and the potential buyer. It is important to keep the house clean and healthy at all times, and that includes your carpets.
- Odor, bacteria and Appearance: These are the three major things that carpet cleaning is concerned about; taking out the terrible smell, exterminating the bacteria and other germs, as well as giving your carpets a whole new appearance. Who doesn’t like their carpets looking good and new? Professional carpet cleaners will help you achieve these.
- Buyers want to move in ready: Just like the scenario we created at the beginning of this post, every buyer wants to move in ready. Not many people would want to do so much work. Some do not have the money for the extra cost, others do not have the time. Besides, people only want to concern themselves with furniture selection and interior décor. You will be giving your house a great chance on the listing by professional carpet cleaning your home before a sale.
We have given at least 6 reasons why you should have professionals clean your carpets before you sell your home. But don’t get it wrong, not all carpet cleaners can actually do the job. The key to having the best out of a carpet cleaning exercise is to have the best professional carpet cleaning service take care of your home. That way, you can be sure of getting only the best service available and give your home a better chance of getting that big sale.